1. Title: IS 546 - Continuity of Operations
2. Keywords/Themes: Seasonal Influenza, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), World Health Organization (WHO), Pandemic Influenza, Activation, After-Action Report, Antibiotic, Antibody, Antiviral, Asymptomatic, Carrier, Concept of Operations, Continuity Advisory Group (CAG), Continuity Facility, Continuity of Operations, Continuity Plan, Continuity Program Management Cycle, Corrective Action Program (CAP), Corrective Actions, Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Delegation of Authority, Devolution, Devolution Plan, Emergency Operating Records, Epidemic, Epizootic, Essential Functions, Evaluation Plan, Federal Continuity Directive (FCD), Federal Executive Board (FEB), Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), General Services Administration (GSA), Go Kit, Homeland Security Presidential Directive 20 (HSPD-20), Host, Human Capital, Immune system, Incident, Infectious agent, Influenza, Mission Essential Function (MEF), National Essential Function(NEF), Pandemic, Panzootic, Parasite, Pathogenic, Pre-pandemic vaccine, Preparedness, Primary Mission Essential Function (PMEF), Reconstitution, Regional Interagency Steering committee (RISC), Vaccine, Virulent, Virus, Vital Records, Vital Resources
3. Course Description:
This course introduces students to the concept of continuity planning. The course provides a brief overview of continuity, including its definition, the legal basis for continuity planning, the Continuity Program Management Cycle, and essential elements of a viable continuity program.
Although this course directly addresses continuity requirements for Federal Executive branch organizations, the course is also useful to State, local, territorial, and tribal governments.
4. Intended Audience: personnel at any level of government, representatives from Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs), or representatives from private industry who may have a need for a basic understanding of continuity of operations.
5. Learning Objectives:
At the end of this course, students will be able to:
- Define continuity of operations.
- Identify the legal basis for continuity of operations.
- Explain the Continuity Program Management Cycle.
- Describe the elements of a viable continuity program.
6. Pre-requisites/Learning Level: No Pre-requisites
7. Competencies addressed:
8. CEUs Offered: .1
9. Cost: Free
10. Modality/format: Online Self-Pace
11. Length: 1 hour
12. Presenter(s) and/or Content Experts: FEMA
13. Technical requirements:
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Flash Player
14. Registration requirements: Register a free account
15. Creation and/or update: October 31, 2013