The goal of this course is for nursing home staff to be able to use interventions and techniques to help long term care residents improve their sleep quality.
nursing assistants and nurses at nursing homes.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Discuss normal changes in sleep for elderly residents and what is considered a sleep disturbance
- Explain why it is important to be aware of and intervene in disturbed sleep patterns
- List factors that contribute to disturbed sleep in long term care residents
- Discuss which interventions might work for different sleep disturbances and how to effect change in environment
- Apply appropriate interventions to improve the sleep quality of LTC residents
Core Competencies for Public Health Professionals
Domain 3: Communication Skills
3A2. Communicates in writing and orally with linguistic and cultural proficiency (e.g., using age-appropriate materials, incorporating images).
Presenter(s) and/or Content Experts
Dr. Ann Bossen, RN, PhD; Kristine Williams, RN, PhD, FGSA, FAAN
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Flash Player
Register a free account
Creation and/or update
Creation date: December 4, 2015
Update date: June 24, 2019