No matter how effective a leader/manager you already are, this course is designed to refresh and refine the skills needed to lead your teams to success in today's fast-paced and stressful health care environment. By exploring effective leadership styles and strategies, this course provides specific tools to enhance leadership/management communication.
By the end of the course, you should be able to do the following:
- Identify the differences between leadership and management, describe the tasks and essentials of effective leadership, and identify the differences between dissonant and resonant leadership styles
- Understand how and why well intentioned management strategies sometimes backfire, and how to keep that from happening
- Apply strategies that enable you to think, react, communicate, and lead with high levels of emotional intelligence
- Identify the majority reasons for low employee motivation and utilize strategies that motivate and inspire the workforce to maximize individual and group performance
- Understand ways to identify morale problems and apply strategies that ameliorate or reflect moral problems as well as negative mood contagion
- Increase your ability to promote ideas and plans through the application of specific persuasion and influence strategies
- Understand the qualities of an effective change manager
- Understand the characteristics and components of successful teams and apply strategies to enhance team communication
Communication 1.3, Leadership 11.1 and 11.8, and Team Building 16.3. Utilize effective communication to facilitate team development. Role model professional values, beliefs and ethics. Establish an environment within the organization where employees feel empowered and supported. Ensure that a process is used to share ideas, prioritize and formulate plans among groups.
ASNA Nursing: 2.6 CEU and/or Social Work: 2.5 CEU
Presenter(s) and/or Content Experts:
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
Register a free account